The cancer treatment process can be emotionally overwhelming. Our nurse navigator, Cheryl Bougie, BSN, RN, OCN, guides patients through the journey from diagnosis through survivorship, step-by-step. She is a support system for the patient and his/her family at a critical time and serves as a gateway to health services.
Here are some of the services she provides:
- Help patients understand their diagnosis
- Review treatment options as presented by physicians
- Review any appropriate clinical trials
- Connect patients with providers and specialists as needed
- Provide information on all support resources available
- Answer patient questions
- Assist with coordinating appropriate referrals
- Offers virtual navigation for patients with head and neck cancer and gastrointestinal cancer.
Cheryl coordinates referrals from providers into site specific multi-disciplinary clinics (Breast, Prostate, Thoracic), as well as managing new patient referrals for oncology.
Cheryl also coordinates Multi-Disciplinary Clinics for:
To speak with Cheryl, contact her at 603-580-6914 or email@example.com.