Programs at Rockingham VNA & Hospice
Smoothing the transition from inpatient to home care, Rockingham VNA & Hospice team members meet with patients, family members, and health care providers at area hospitals and health care facilities to review the care patients will need, educate them about home health/hospice services, and facilitate their transition to home.
Falls Risk-Reduction Program:
The Falls Risk-Reduction Program has been developed to assess and reduce the incidence of falls in elderly, at-risk populations. Patients are often referred for a safety evaluation visit by physicians, first responders, or insurance companies. Referrals may also be made by family members, friends, or other health professionals.
Complimentary educational programming is also available to community groups, providers, first responders, and other health facility personnel on falls risk-screening and reduction.
Orthopedic PREOP Program: Preparing for joint replacement surgery
The Pre-operative Rehabilitation Services Program has been specifically designed for patients who are scheduled for elective hip or knee replacement surgery.
The program includes:
- A comprehensive Pre-operative Evaluation performed by a Physical Therapist
- A Home Safety Assessment
- Teaching and recommendations for assistive devices and adaptive equipment as necessary
- A discussion of the surgical procedure and a review of possible post-operative tracks (Home Care, Outpatient, Sub-acute Care)
- Instruction in an appropriate therapeutic exercise regime
- Gait and transfer training
Disease Management Programs
Carefully planned interventions, patient and family education, and measuring outcomes are all components of this process. The result is often improved outcomes that include a greater ability for an individual to manage a condition; an increased compliance with treatment; and a better quality of life.
Rockingham VNA & Hospice offers specific Disease Management Programs for individuals with the following conditions:
- Cardiopulmonary Disease, including Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Geriatric Dementia-related disorders